Saturday, July 23, 2011

Yep, you're right!

If you hang around all the little mommy blogs, you will see one thing, make that two things they have in common. Most are natural mothering blogs. And then you NEVER see any disagreeing! Why doesn't any woman disagree?? Simple answer- they do, but NCB bloggers love to practice in the art of delete and ban.

Let's look at Birth Without Fear. Why does she delete and ban? When she was promoting 44 week gestation's, a woman dared to remind her that there was a reason doctors induce for post-dates. On another post asking about VBAC, one woman said to talk to an OB.

In Service To Women deleted and banned many of us for asking about the families who lost their babies due to Karen Carr and not supporting her.

Anti-vaccination sites delete and ban regularly if you question them or say something that doesn't make sense (see this post).

Mamas and Babies banned yours truly for saying a child with severe allergies, whose meds weren't working, should go to their pediatrician. Guess I should of agreed with acupuncturist or chiropractor, huh??

I have a ban threat looming over my head from none other than Henci Goer for daring to question her!! I do find this comical!

If they are right and have no problem screaming from the rooftops about how awesome they are, they should be able to handle opposing voices. If you are right, defend your position, don't just delete someone because you can't handle it. Here, I have people that swing in and give their opposing statements. Cool. I have never deleted a single comment and I won't, no matter what. I think having your ideals challenged is good for you. I also think that we need to accept that not everyone feels the same as we do, that's life. Not everyone will be kissing your behind all your life. If you are a parent that cannot handle opposing opinions, then may I suggest selling your computers and phones and moving to the middle of nowhere?? You may also want to reconsider having children as they are notorious for questioning us and having different opinions, esp preteens and teenagers. It kind of goes along with the whole being a parent thing. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could have a point.. then again the blogworld kinda functions that way in all respects. Secondarily I would assume by the nature of THIS very post that people aren't interested in being engaged in senseless debated with someone who only wishes to drag their name through the mud.

That said, debating rarely changes anything. If you disagree, then do something about it. If I emailed every person on the internet I thought was wrong I'd be wasting a lot of time and breath, so instead I choose to live MY OWN life in the way I think it the best and by doing so I impact many more people.

Then again... I'm taking the time to post this message here so I guess I do try occasionally to reach outside my own little world ;)

Popular Posts