Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Let's level the playing field!

I thought it would be fun to just do a post sharing more about myself. Yeah, we know I have a ton of kids, I have lost a baby, I have pets, I'm a gym rat, married for forever, etc. I want to share more and really let you feel like you KNOW me.

1. I love cutting up! Love it! I even goof off at the gym. My friends never know what I'm going to say or do at any given time.

2. When my kids do some things, I have to walk away. Not because I'm going to hurt them, but because I can't keep a straight face and want to crack up. I'm totally guilty of laughing while trying to punish a kid and it just throws everything out the window. Some things are mind blowing!

3. My mother's thirteen month old Sheepdog has been in training since she was about 4 months old. She is one of the best behaved dogs that I've ever seen. However, when I am around, I can get her going nuts. My uncle and I are the only two people that she does this with! It's awesome!

4. A year ago, my mom lost one of her sheepdogs to cancer. My baby sister, stepdad, and I bought our mom a new sheepdog pup (the 13 month old one). That pup has made her so happy and really helped heal her broken heart. I still get tears in my eyes remembering everything. I still remember my mom's voice and her words. It was so hard! I will do anything for her.

5. I am so scared of teen pregnancy/STD's that I began talking to my children about sex years ago. I had a friend whose son fathered two kids at 12 and it scared the crap out of me! I am totally and completely open with them about everything. To be totally honest, I also don't want a daughter in law like my ex-sister in law or my nephews mom. Thinking with your genitals can lead to a lifetime of misery for more than the people who had sex!

6. I do let my kids crawl into my bed because I really like my sleep and if they'll go to sleep in my bed and not affect my quality of sleep, I don't care. I do hate waking up and having soreness because I've had to contort my body into positions that no human being should.

7. My older kids and I can recite the lines from Stepbrothers and Super Troopers. We've even been known to start in on them for the heck of it.


Any other tidbits you would like to know, feel free to ask!



No comments:

Popular Posts