Saturday, August 2, 2008

Crazy Weekend!!

We have had a jam packed weekend!!!

Friday evening the kids stayed with Grandma and Grandpa while we went to dinner (ponderosa, yummy) and the fair. Neither of us had any desire to ride rides so we walked around and checked out all the animals. I got info from two different adoption places. I'm going to give it some more time before we pursue that avenue. If we want a sibling group, we would have to get a bigger vehicle. I really want another girl though. As we were leaving, we saw an ambulance with lights going and it just set off the water works. That hits me harder than seeing other babies or pregnant women. DH has the same reactions too. My heart just stops. After we got back to get the kids, my mom was surprised to see us. She figured we would be out until midnight or so. Yeah right, us out until midnight??? We were tired at 10pm!!

Yesterday was dh's work party at one of the local parks. It was vey fun. We were there from 10am until after 8pm!! The two youngest kids fell asleep on the way home and the older three stayed up until after I fell asleep. I was exhausted!! I also triggered on the way home. When we first learned of this day out, I was pregnant and thinking "How will we do this with all the kids and a newborn?" I was looking forward to one of our first family outings. It was another reminder that she is missing from our family.

Today is our day that we go see her. We do this every sunday. I have a few little things to take to her. We spoil her rotten!

I've been trying to get off my Zoloft, but, I don't think I can yet. Since I stopped taking it, I have been more moody and have alot more crying spells. I think I need to get back to taking it. I just don't want to spend my life medicated.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Don't worry about the zoloft. It takes 12-18 months after a major "event" for your body to return to it's "status quo" of the feel good chemicals that your brain normally produces.

Say, for example, you are a normal Joe and without training you are forced to run a marathon. When you are finished you are going to have to give your body time to get back to normal. It needs food and water - and it's going to take a long time for those things to come completely back into balance.

It's the same for your mental health. You've just taken a beating and you need to let it replenish itself. Zoloft (or any other antidepressant) can help with that. You won't be stuck on it for ever.

If you had a health related disease like diabetes...you'd take the medicine to make it better...correct? No different here.

Jane

Popular Posts