Thursday, August 25, 2011

God's Tiny Angels- Walk For The Angels

Every Mid-October my support group, God's Tiny Angels, has a Walk For The Angels. 

It starts out as everyone just mingling. We usually have raffle baskets sitting on a table that we have put together. People can purchase tickets for the baskets and pick up their walk tee-shirts. There is a nice welcoming speech, prayer, a story, and a walk warm up. Then we pick up our banner and walk several miles through downtown Massillon. Normally, I think we have about 250 people. We arrive back to our starting point and then have a balloon release that consists of a poem being read (written by one of our members) and a song being played as we let our balloons go to the heavens. Even thinking about it gets my teary. It can be very emotional! Of course, after that, we get to eat and talk and raffle off baskets. 

The money goes towards helping provide bereavement gifts (right now special ornaments and baby blankets) to the local hospitals. We also help pay for funerals and burial fees. We also have our monthly meetings. 

My goal is $600. The reason behind this is because that was what my daughter's funeral cost. 

Can you help me reach my goal???

3 comments:

Jade Jymson said...

I would be happy to donate, Bambi. I don't have pay pal. Will you e-mail me your addy?

The Sensible Midwife said...

Count me in Bambi. Ill send you the $$ via PP. I'd love to know more about your group and see if there is one like it in my neck of the woods.

Bambi C said...

Deb, what would you like to know??? I'm up for any and all questions!

Popular Posts